On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 2)
- 20:30 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 3)
- 21:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 4)
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus cooling, plus overnight chilling
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Serve up a delicious starter with Paul Hollywood's recipe for gorgeously garlicky dough balls, served with Parma ham and melon
Method1. First make the dough. Put the flour, salt, olive oil, yeast and water into a large bowl and mix with your hands to bind together.
2. When a dough has formed, tip it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
3. Return the dough to the washed and dried bowl and leave to rise.
4. Shape the dough into little balls, weighing around 20-30g each.
5. Gently heat together the olive oil and the garlic in a pan. Set aside to cool.
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
7. Brush the dough balls generously with the garlic olive oil.
8. Place the rolls on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until risen and firm.
9. Brush again with garlic oil and serve with the melon and Parma ham.
- 500 ml olive oil
- 6 clove garlic, chopped and crushed
- 1/2 melon, sliced, for serving
- 6 slices of Parma ham, for serving
For the dough:
Tips and suggestions
- The dough can be freezed for later use. It must, however, be wrapped in clingfilm. When removing from the freezer, leave to thaw overnight and then leave to rise again.