On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Party Food
- 20:30 - Rachel Allen's Everyday Kitchen at Christmas - Rachel Allen's Everyday Kitchen at Christmas
- 21:00 - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas - New: Choccywoccydoodah Christmas
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Serve up a tasty fish meal with Tonia Buxton's simple recipe for marinated herrings served with lashings of mashed potato
Method1. Place the herrings in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, coriander, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix well and marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
2. Cut the potatoes into large cubes, keeping the skins on.
3. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add in the potatoes. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain.
4. Add in the butter, milk and nutmeg and mash well.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the grill or a griddle pan.
6. Cook the herrings under the grill or on the griddle allowing 3-4 minutes each side and basting often with the remaining marinade.
7. Serve the griddled herrings on top of the mash, sprinkled with coriander.