On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Lancashire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - North Yorkshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Herefordshire
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus 1-2 mins soaking
- Cook time:
- 10 min
For a classic taste of Thailand try David Massey's deliciously piquant recipe for stir-fried rice noodles with fresh prawns
Method1. Soak the noodles in hot water for 1-2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
2. Peel and de-vein the prawns, leaving the tail end and the head still on.
3. Combine the tamarind, fish sauce and palm sugar in a bowl.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok. Add in the garlic, stir-frying for 1 minute, then add in the prawns and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add in the remaining oil and mix in the beaten egg. Fry for a few seconds.
6. Add in the soaked noodles and stir-fry for 1 minute.
7. Add in the tamarind mixture, 1½ tablespoons of roasted peanuts, chilli flakes and dried shrimp and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add in 90g of the bean sprouts, two-thirds of the chopped spring onion and the Chinese leaves and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
9. Transfer the noodles to a serving plate and sprinkle with the remaining bean sprouts and spring onion. Garnish with the red chilli and coriander and serve at once with the lime wedge.
- 150 g dried rice noodles
- 300 g raw tiger prawns
- 3 tbsp tamarind puree
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 85 g Chinese cabbage
- ¼ tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp ground dried shrimps
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 180 g bean sprouts
- 3 spring onions, chopped into short lengths
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- 1 wedge of lime