On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Traditional South African sausage tops a tasty potato salad in this tempting main course from Mike Robinson
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
Boerewors are Dutch South African sausages; the name translates as 'Farmers sausage'. The Dutch introduced the sausage to South Africa. Boerewors consist mainly of mince meat (mostly beef) and spices such as coriander seeds. This sausage is sold as a large spiral, rather than single, small sausages.
Zulu sauce is an African inspired chilli sauce available in bottles from large supermarkets such as Sainsbury's.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cook the salad potatoes in plenty of boiling salted water. Drain, cut in half and place into a large bowl.
2. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard together and stir this into the warm potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Add the chopped spring onions and the red onion.
4. Pile the potato salad onto a plate, slice the Boerewors sausage, and arrange the slices over the top of the potato. Drizzle with Zulu sauce and serve immediately.