On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 20:30 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 21:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Traditional South African sausage tops a tasty potato salad in this tempting main course from Mike Robinson
Method1. Cook the salad potatoes in plenty of boiling salted water. Drain, cut in half and place into a large bowl.
2. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard together and stir this into the warm potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Add the chopped spring onions and the red onion.
4. Pile the potato salad onto a plate, slice the Boerewors sausage, and arrange the slices over the top of the potato. Drizzle with Zulu sauce and serve immediately.
- 200 g salad potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- pinch of paprika
- small bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Boerewors sausages, grilled
- 4-5 tbsp Zulu sauce
Tips and suggestions
Boerewors are Dutch South African sausages; the name translates as 'Farmers sausage'. The Dutch introduced the sausage to South Africa. Boerewors consist mainly of mince meat (mostly beef) and spices such as coriander seeds. This sausage is sold as a large spiral, rather than single, small sausages.
Zulu sauce is an African inspired chilli sauce available in bottles from large supermarkets such as Sainsbury's.