On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 10 mins soaking
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Chocolate and rum transform rice pudding into the most luxurious of desserts in Paul Bloxham's sophisticated recipe
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water and heat gently until melted.
2. Drain the currants, reserving the rum.
3. Heat the milk in a heavy-based saucepan on low with the butter, 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, the cinnamon and half the vanilla pod.
4. Mix in the rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Using a whisk, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and vanilla pod and the reserved rum in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until frothy and thick, around 5 minutes.
6. Stir the melted chocolate, orange zest and lemon zest into the rice.
7. Finally stir in the mascarpone and the rum-soaked currants into the rice.
8. Serve in glasses topping each portion with a little rum froth.