On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - The Heart of England
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - British Waterways
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Summer Pleasures
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 10 mins soaking
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Chocolate and rum transform rice pudding into the most luxurious of desserts in Paul Bloxham's sophisticated recipe
Method1. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water and heat gently until melted.
2. Drain the currants, reserving the rum.
3. Heat the milk in a heavy-based saucepan on low with the butter, 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, the cinnamon and half the vanilla pod.
4. Mix in the rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Using a whisk, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and vanilla pod and the reserved rum in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until frothy and thick, around 5 minutes.
6. Stir the melted chocolate, orange zest and lemon zest into the rice.
7. Finally stir in the mascarpone and the rum-soaked currants into the rice.
8. Serve in glasses topping each portion with a little rum froth.