On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - James Martin
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 6
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Spring is in the Air
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Serve up a taste of Italy with Jo Pratt's flavourful recipe for a robust and warming Italian sausage casserole
Tips and suggestions
- Eat with...
- Chicken Veronique
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish, add in the red onion and fry gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the sausages and fry for 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown on all sides.
3. Increase the heat, pour in the wine and cook briskly until reduced by half.
4. Add the soup, canned tomatoes and chilli flakes and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until it's thickened.
6. Stir in the basil and cook for a further 5 minutes.