On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
The Tanner Brothers show how to achieve perfectly delectable, tender, sweet-savoury parsnips to accompany a classic roast
Method1. Cut each parsnip lengthways into four, cut out the core, then cut the quarters across, so that each parsnip yields 8 pieces.
2. Bring salted water to the boil in a large saucepan, add the parsnips and cook for 5 minutes. While the parsnips are cooking, fill a mixing bowl with cold water. Once the 5 minutes are up, plunge the parsnips into the cold water, then drain thoroughly.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
4. Coat the base of an ovenproof frying pan or heavy roasting pan with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the parsnips, honey and seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
For more festive sides, take a look at our Christmas side dish recipes