On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
The Tanner Brothers show how to achieve perfectly delectable, tender, sweet-savoury parsnips to accompany a classic roast
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Cut each parsnip lengthways into four, cut out the core, then cut the quarters across, so that each parsnip yields 8 pieces.
2. Bring salted water to the boil in a large saucepan, add the parsnips and cook for 5 minutes. While the parsnips are cooking, fill a mixing bowl with cold water. Once the 5 minutes are up, plunge the parsnips into the cold water, then drain thoroughly.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
4. Coat the base of an ovenproof frying pan or heavy roasting pan with olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the parsnips, honey and seasoning and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
For more festive sides, take a look at our Christmas side dish recipes