On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's 12 Tastes of Christmas - Nigel Slater's 12 Tastes of Christmas
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Christmas - Nigel Slater's Simple Christmas
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
For a luxurious curry try Tonia Buxton's fragrant recipe for tiger prawns and monkfish in a spiced coconut sauce
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the shallot, garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes, stirring often, until softened but not coloured.
2. Add in the cumin, ground coriander, saffron, turmeric, lime leaves, lemon grass, chilli and lime juice, mixing well. Fry for one minute, stirring often.
3. Add in the monkfish and coat with the spices.
4. Add in the coconut milk and stir through.
5. Add in the nam pla and baby corn and cook for 2 minutes, stirring and bringing the coconut milk to the boil.
6. Add in the tiger prawns and red pepper. Simmer for three minutes.
7. Add in the spinach and chopped coriander, reserving a little of the coriander for garnishing.
8. Cook for a further minute or until the prawns have turned pink and opaque.
9. Season with the black pepper and remove the lemon grass.
10. Serve on a bed of noodles, garnished with the reserved coriander.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced (or ½ red onion)
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground saffron
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 lime leaves, shredded finely
- 2 stalks lemongrass, split lengthways
- 1 red chilli, hopped
- juice of 1 limes
- 300 g monkfish, e-skinned, de-boned and cut into 1cm pieces
- 400 ml tinned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, (Thai fish sauce)
- 125 g baby sweetcorn, sliced lengthways
- 225 g raw tiger prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1 red pepper, iced
- 225 g spinach leaves, chopped or torn, stalks cut off
- large bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- cooked noodles, to serve