On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part I
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Beer and Cider
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Mike Robinson rustles up crispy fishy fritters and a duo of dipping sauces in this lovely light Japanese style starter
Method1. Mix the flour, cornflour, salt and soda water together until the mixture forms a thin batter.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or deep fat fryer to 190°C.
3. Dip all the ingredients individually into the batter, starting with the largest first, and deep fry until golden.
4. For the dipping sauces, simply mix the ingredients together in separate bowls.
5. Serve the prawns with their tail on and place the oysters and lobster tail back in their shells.
- 2 tiger prawns, with tails left on
- 3 oysters, shucked but shells reserved
- 3 strips of white fish
- 1 lobster tail, peeled but shell reserved
- oil, for deep frying
For the batter:
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- pinch of salt
- cold soda water, according to consistency
For the chilli dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
For the peanut dipping sauce: