On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Fast Food and Street Food
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Pasta takes on a luxurious touch in Merrilees Parker's recipe for spaghetti with a tasty creamy sauce - great comfort eating
Method1. Place the cream, Parmesan cheese and bacon rind in a medium, heavy-based saucepan. Bring to a gentle bubble and reduce for 5-6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add in the spaghetti and cook for 4-5 minutes or until al-dente. Drain.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large, heavy-based frying pan or wok. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then the pancetta. Fry briskly, stirring often, until the pancetta is crispy.
4. Add in the remaining olive oil and the mushrooms and fry, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add in the drained spaghetti and toss well. Strain the reduced cream into the pan and add in the cooked chicken.
6. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss thoroughly again.
7. Toss in the mixed leaves, divide among 2 warmed deep bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve at once.
- 150 ml double cream
- piece of parmesan rind
- 85 g pancetta, or smoked bacon, sliced, rind removed finely sliced and reserved
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g spaghetti, or linguine
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 100 g Portobello or field mushrooms, sliced
- 140 g chicken, left-over roast
- 50 g mixed leaves, (rocket or spinach), roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan, freshly grated