On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Tasmania Part II
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Finals - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- Makes 8 parcels
For an elegant starter try Tonia Buxton's recipe for crisp, golden filo parcels, filled with spinach and feta cheese
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan. Add in the spring onion and fry gently until softened but not browned, around 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the spinach and fry, stirring, until the spinach begins to wilt.
4. Cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring now and then.
5. Set the spinach aside to cool slightly, then season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Mix in the parsley, nutmeg, feta cheese and eggs.
7. Cut the filo pastry sheets into 32 pieces, each 15cm square.
8. Brush four of the filo squares with a little melted butter. Stack the filo squares on top of each other, forming a star shape.
9. Repeat the process, making 8 filo star shapes in all.
10. Take a generous tablespoon of the spinach mixture and place it in the centre of the filo star. Fold the filo around the spinach mixture, forming a cracker-like top to the filo parcel.
11. Repeat the process, filling the remaining filo stacks.
12. Place the filo parcels on a greased baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
13. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.