On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 1
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking: Xmas 2011 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking: Xmas 2011
- 22:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - The Big Freeze
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
For a delicious tête-à-tête meal try Mike Robinson's splendid recipe for aromatic sea bass flavoured with rosemary and lemon juice
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Cut three slashes in the sea bass on each side and rub with olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Sear the sea bass on the griddle pan for a minute on each side.
4. Meanwhile, sprinkle the rosemary over a roasting tray. Place the seared sea bass on top of the rosemary.
5. Drizzle the sea bass with olive oil and pour over the lemon juice. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Bake the sea bass for 10-15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry gently, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
8. Add in the cherry tomatoes, then stir in the capers, anchovy fillets and parsley. Add in a generous dash of olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Once the sea bass is roasted, crush the tomatoes with a potato masher.
10. Spoon the tomato sauce onto a large warm serving plate. Top with the sea bass and garnish with rosemary sprigs.
11. Serve at once with sauté potatoes.
- 1 sea bass
- coarse sea salt, (ideally Maldon) and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- 1 large bunch of rosemary, (a few sprigs reserved for garnishing)
- juice of 2 lemons, (ideally Amalfi lemons)
- sautéed potatoes, to serve
For the sauce: