On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 3
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 4
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Simple Suppers
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Fast, fragrant and full of flavour, this simple but sensational curry from Ross Burden is sure to become a favourite
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- This dish is a typical curry from the South. Coriander seeds and Cumin seeds are not commonly used in the North. Traditionally peanuts would be used in this dish but Ross is allergic to them so he uses cashew nuts.
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 225 g shredded beef
- 225 ml coconut milk
- 400g cooked potatoes, cut into chunks
- g roasted cashew nuts
- juice of ½ limes
- 1 tsp sugar
For the paste:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. First make the paste by placing all the ingredients for the spice paste into a blender and blitzing until the mixture forms a paste.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the paste for 2 minutes, until aromatic. Add the beef and cook until browned all over, and then add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the potato and nuts and cook for a further 3 minutes.
4. Add the lime juice and sugar. Serve immediately with rice.