On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
For a contemporary version of a British classic, try Paul Hollywood's puff pastry pasties filled with spiced lamb
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium Spanish onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 350 g minced lamb
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp beef stock
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- 150 g petit pois, cooked
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 500 g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the onion and garlic and fry gently for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add in the minced lamb, mixing well, and fry until browned, stirring often.
4. Add in the cumin seeds and the beef stock and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the coriander and the petit pois and cook for a further minute.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside to cool.
6. Roll out the puff pastry to 5mm thickness. Using an 18cm circular cutter, cut out pastry circles.
7. To make each pasty, place 2 heaped tablespoons of the mince mixture into the middle of a pastry circle and fold over to form a moon shape.
8. Crimp down the edges and brush with beaten egg. Gently score the top of the pasty with the back of a knife.
9. Repeat the process until all the pastry circles have been filled.
10. Place the pastries on greased baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
11. Serve with roasted red and yellow peppers, roasted aubergine and a dollop of sour cream.