On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Perfumed but tangy passion fruit foils the richness of foie gras to fabulous effect in this luxurious recipe from Michel Lemoine
For the sauce:
- 6 passion fruit
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 300 ml dark chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. To make the galette, place the grated potato into a large bowl with a teaspoon of salt. Mix together and leave to rest until the salt draws the water out of the potato.
2. Heat a little of the olive oil in a frying pan. Squeeze the excess water out of the potato mixture and form into small galettes. Cook gently, taking care not to let the potato burn.
3. Cut the passion fruit in half and empty into saucepan. Add the sugar and cook together until the mixture becomes slightly caramelised. Add the chicken stock and bubble the mixture until reduced and thickened to sauce consistency. Add in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Strain through a sieve and add a tablespoon of the strained passion fruit seeds back into the mixture.
4. Season the slices of foie gras with salt and pepper and salt. Heat up a frying pan, without fat until hot. Add the foie gras and fry for about 30 seconds on each side. Each slice should be slightly coloured but do not cook the foie gras any longer, or it will melt away.
5. Remove the foie gras and leave to drain on kitchen paper.
6. Place a galette of sweet potato on each plate and place the foie gras on top. Pour the sauce over and serve immediately.