On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Portland, OR
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Seattle
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 7
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Discover the joys of Chinese cookery with Fuchsia Dunlop's simple but flavourful stir-fry
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Flowering Chinese chives can be found in Chinese food stores.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Chop the flowering chives into 4-5cm sections, discarding the bulbs at the end of each stalk.
2. Cut the bacon across the grain into strips of a similar length and thickness to the chive sections.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame. Add in the bacon and stir-fry until it is cooked and smells delicious, around 30-60 seconds.
4. Throw in all the chives and stir-fry for about 3 minutes until they are tender (garlic stems take a little longer to become tender than the flowering chives).
5. Season with salt to taste. Remove from direct heat and stir in the sesame oil just before serving. Serve at once.