On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 2
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 6
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Picnics
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
A delightful choice of canapé or starter from the Tanner Brothers - delicate slices of marinated salmon with chive-flecked pancakes
- 4 slices fresh salmon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- couple of juniper berries, crushed
For the pancakes:
- 280 g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 75 ml olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 450 ml milk
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- crème fraîche
- lemon juice
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice, lime juice, pepper, dill and crushed juniper berries. Place the smoked salmon slices in with the mixture and leave to marinate whilst making the pancakes.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the eggs, butter, oil and milk. Whisk in the flour and baking powder, season well then fold in the chopped chives.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan. Place a tablespoon of the pancake mix into the pan and turn the heat down. Cook until golden brown on both sides (allow 2-3 minutes each side).
4. Place the cooked pancake on a plate. Arrange the marinated gravad lax on top of the pancake with a slice of smoked salmon and top with a spoonful of crème fraîche. Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the dish and sprinkle with black pepper.