On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - Suffolk and Naples
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - India and Cornwall
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Fish
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
A delightful choice of canapé or starter from the Tanner Brothers - delicate slices of marinated salmon with chive-flecked pancakes
Method1. In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice, lime juice, pepper, dill and crushed juniper berries. Place the smoked salmon slices in with the mixture and leave to marinate whilst making the pancakes.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the eggs, butter, oil and milk. Whisk in the flour and baking powder, season well then fold in the chopped chives.
3. Heat a little olive oil in a non-stick pan. Place a tablespoon of the pancake mix into the pan and turn the heat down. Cook until golden brown on both sides (allow 2-3 minutes each side).
4. Place the cooked pancake on a plate. Arrange the marinated gravad lax on top of the pancake with a slice of smoked salmon and top with a spoonful of crème fraîche. Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the dish and sprinkle with black pepper.
- 4 slices fresh salmon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped
- couple of juniper berries, crushed
For the pancakes:
- 280 g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 75 ml olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 450 ml milk
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- crème fraîche
- lemon juice