On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Donut Showdown - Camping
- 20:30 - Donut Showdown - Fire and Ice
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Animal Magic
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Enjoy a stylish meal with Mike Robinson's and Gennaro Contaldo's elegant duck dish, served with sour-sweet peppers and watercress
Method1. First cook the agrodolce. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
2. Add in the garlic and the red and yellow peppers and fry briskly for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add in the vinegar, sugar and olives, mixing in well.
4. Simmer the peppers over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the vinegar partly evaporated. The peppers should retain a slight crunchiness.
5. To prepare the watercress salad, tear the watercress into sprigs and place in a serving bowl. Toss in the shallots and mix in.
6. Dress the salad with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and freshly ground pepper.
7. To cook the duck, heat the butter and a dash of olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
8. Add in the garlic and fry gently until fragrant.
9. Add in the duck breast and fry until cooked to taste, seasoning with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 2 wild duck breast
- 40 g butter
- dashes of olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
For the agrodolce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ clove garlic, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 heaped tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6-8 olives
For the watercress salad: