Plum, pear and pecan crumble
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
The Gate Restaurant's scrumptious cinnamon-scented crumble is essential winter comfort food
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Sprinkle the plum halves with sugar, place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
2. Increase the oven temperature to 200C/gas 6.
3. In a mixing bowl, rub the flour and butter together. Add the oats, sugar, cinnamon and half the pecans and stir until combined.
4. Combine the cooled plums with the diced pear and remaining pecan pieces.
5. Pile the fruit mixture into a ramekin and top with the crumble. Alternatively, place a small ring mould on a baking tray, spoon the fruit mixture into it and cover with crumble topping. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with vanilla custard or ice cream.