On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas
- 22:00 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
The Gate Restaurant's scrumptious cinnamon-scented crumble is essential winter comfort food
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Sprinkle the plum halves with sugar, place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
2. Increase the oven temperature to 200C/gas 6.
3. In a mixing bowl, rub the flour and butter together. Add the oats, sugar, cinnamon and half the pecans and stir until combined.
4. Combine the cooled plums with the diced pear and remaining pecan pieces.
5. Pile the fruit mixture into a ramekin and top with the crumble. Alternatively, place a small ring mould on a baking tray, spoon the fruit mixture into it and cover with crumble topping. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Serve with vanilla custard or ice cream.