On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Bread
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Spices and Chillies
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Succulent sweet mince and a frangipane topping create a duo of fabulous festive flavours in this lovely tart from Amy Willcock
Method1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy and then add the eggs and mix well. Fold in the ground almonds and almond extract.
2. Spread a thin layer of mincemeat over the base of the pastry case and spoon the almond mixture on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the topping is firm and golden.
3. Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice together, adding a little water if necessary to achieve a thick pouring consistency. Drizzle over the tart and sprinkle on the flaked almonds.
4. Return the tart to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes until nicely glazed.
- 20 cm sweet pastry tart cases
For the filling:
For the topping:
Tips and suggestions
- Aga method
Bake on the floor of the Roasting Oven for 25 minutes or until firm in the centre and golden on top. Check after 10 minutes to see if the Cold Shelf is needed (if so, place this on the 2nd set of runners).