On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Queensland Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 15 min
Naughty but nice and no need for cooking, this delicious dessert from James Martin makes an excellent ending to any meal
Method1. Make the almond filling. Cream the butter and caster sugar together until smooth. Gradually beat in the ground almonds and the brandy and set aside until required.
2. Put the milk into a shallow dish and add the brandy. Dip the sponge fingers into this mixture working with a few at a time and leaving them to soak only momentarily. Arrange half the fingers side by side in an oblong dish.
3. Spread the fingers with the almond filling 2.5cm thick. Neaten around the sides.
4. Add a second layer of the moistened fingers and leave to set in the fridge for several hours (or overnight).
5. Just before serving swirl lightly whipped cream over the top of the cake and decorate with pieces of cherries and angelica.