On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
- Makes 450g
Crunchy, munchy - and most definitely moreish, this lovely toffee from Lotte Duncan will satisfy a sweet tooth in a special way
- 500 g granulated sugar
- 300 ml water
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Butter or oil a tin measuring 30 x 10cm.
2. Place the sugar, water and vinegar into a deep heavy based saucepan, and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Bring the mixture to boiling point and then boil gently to a soft crack temperature, this will be 141°C on a jam thermometer.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the bicarbonate of soda. Stir carefully but thoroughly - the mixture will rise up and foam and will be very hot.
5. When almost set, mark out squares with a knife. This will make it a lot easier to break up when properly set.
6. Store in an airtight container between sheets of greaseproof paper in a dry place.