On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Truffles give a fabulous flavour and scent to this beautiful buttery mash from Pierre Carrier. Parmesan wafers add a delightful crunch!
Method1. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Beat the cheese, flour, egg whites and olive oil together in a large bowl until the mixture is almost white.
2. Spread the mixture out onto the prepared baking sheet to form circles about 6cm in diameter. Bake for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack - the tuiles will crisp up when cold.
3. Cook the potatoes in plenty of salted boiling water until soft. Drain and mash well. Stir in the butter and milk.
4. To serve, slice the truffle thinly on to the mashed potato and serve with the Parmesan tuiles.