On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Wok-fried nuts and a fusion of fabulous dried fruits make up this unusual Eastern inspired dessert from Fuchsia Dunlop
- 225 ml groundnut oil, r lard
- 25 g kernels walnuts
- 75g assortment of dried or candied fruits, (e.g. 15g dates, 25g glace cherries, 20g mixed candied peel, 15g dried blueberries)
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g caster sugar
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Fry the walnuts in just enough oil to cover them (about 75ml) over a medium flame, until they are golden and fragrant. Remove, drain and chop into small pieces.
2. Finely chop all the dried and candied fruits.
3. Heat the rest of the oil in a wok over a medium flame. Add all the flour and stir-fry for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the wok. Turn the heat down if the flour is at risk of burning.
4. When the mixture is turning a little yellow and smells cooked and cakey, stand back from the wok and pour in some boiling water (steam will whoosh up out of the wok). Stir in the sugar, give it a few seconds to dissolve, and then mix in all the nuts and dried fruits. Mix well adding a little more oil if necessary to moisten it, and then tip on to a serving plate. Eat while hot.