On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - South Wales
- 21:00 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Scarlet pomegranate seeds combine with tasty wild duck to create a delicious game dish in Gennaro Contaldo's simple, stylish recipe
Method1. Season the duck with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and fry the duck halves for 4 minutes on each side.
3. Add the pomegranate seeds followed by the vin santo. Allow the vin santo to evaporate, then add the stock and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Remove the duck, the meat should be quite rare inside, and slice.
5. Meanwhile, to finish the sauce, increase the heat and stir in the knob of butter.
6. Pour the sauce over the duck slices and serve immediately.