On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Two Greedy Italians - Piedmont
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Takeaways
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Ancient Greece
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Omelette Arnold Bennett is a traditional British dish, flavoured with smoked haddock
Method1. Place the smoked haddock in a saucepan. Add in enough milk to cover the haddock, together with the bay leaf, onion and parsley.
2. Simmer the haddock gently for 3-4 minutes until the flesh is opaque. Remove the haddock and skin and flake it.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Melt the butter in a heavy-based medium frying pan over a moderate heat.
5. Pour in the whisked eggs, tilting the pan to spread them evenly.
6. Fry the omelette until the top is almost set but still slightly runny. Scatter over the smoked haddock flakes and spoon over the double cream. Sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese.
7. Meanwhile, preheat the grill until hot. Finish the omelette off under the grill until brown and bubbling.
8. Serve at once with grilled tomatoes, garnished with watercress.