On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Best served warm from the oven, Lesley Waters's recipe for a classic South American corn bread makes a great side-dish
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Generously butter a shallow tin (around 25cm long) or a small roasting tin.
2. In a large bowl combine the cornmeal, flour and bicarbonate of soda and season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. In a jug combine the egg, milk and yogurt, chillies and sweetcorn.
4. Pour the contents of the jug into the bowl of dry ingredients and lightly combine, taking care not to over-mix as this will make the corn bread tough.
5. Pour the mixture into the buttered tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and golden. Serve warm from the oven, cut into squares.