On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Aldo Zilli flavours rabbit with garlic, wine and fresh herbs to tasty effect in this simple family recipe
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Crush the peppercorns with a pestle and mortar. Add in the rosemary leaves, garlic and sea salt and crush again. Rub this mixture over the rabbit pieces.
3. Take a large flameproof roasting tin and place on the hob. Add in the olive oil and heat through.
4. Add in the rabbit and fry until golden brown on all sides, around 5-8 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the tomatoes over the rabbit and place the potatoes around. Pour over the wine and stock. Bring to the boil and transfer the tin to the oven.
6. Roast for 50 minutes, adding more stock if it dries out too much, until the rabbit is crisp and the potatoes are cooked through.
7. Place in a warm, shallow serving dish with the juices poured over and serve with buttered tagliatelle.
- 3 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1.5 kg rabbit, quartered
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 50 ml vegetable stock, plus extra if necessary
- buttered tagliatelle, to serve