On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - New York
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 3
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 12
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Dark chocolate, chestnuts and Grand Marnier combine to stunning effect in this glorious dessert cake from Alan Coxon
Method1. Lightly butter and flour a 22cm cake tin. Se the oven to 150°C/Gas 2.
2. Beat the chestnut puree with the Grand Marnier and cream until smooth.
3. Add the melted butter and stir well.
4. In a clean grease free bowl, whisk the whites until light and fluffy, adding the castor sugar a little at a time as if making meringue.
5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir it into the chestnut mixture. Beat the eggs into the chestnut mixture and stir in the cornflour and cinnamon. Finally, gently fold in the whisked meringue and the raspberries. Pour in the mix into the prepared tin and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with cocoa and serve.
- 450 g canned unsweetened chestnut purée
- 100 ml Grand Marnier
- 50 ml double cream
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 5 eggs, separated
- 125 g caster sugar
- 500 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 225 g fresh raspberries
- cocoa powder, for dusting