On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Every Cake Tells a Story
- 20:30 - Choccywoccydoodah - Show Business
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - New York
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 30 min
Simon Rimmer prepares a trio of tasty treats with this unusual combination of roast lamb, pease pudding and roasted beetroot
Method1. Heat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Season the lamb with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry it on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes. Place it in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. For the pease pudding, gently fry the shallots and garlic in a large saucepan until soft. Add the peas, stock and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, until soft. Crumble in the goat's cheese.
3. Rub the beetroot with olive oil and wrap them in foil with a sprinkling of sea salt, the cinnamon and the cardamom. Roast for 40 minutes at 200°C/gas 6.
4. Serve the lamb with the pease pudding and roasted beetroots, garnished with a little extra parsley.
For the pease pudding:
- 1 shallot, thinly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, thinly chopped
- 225 g yellow split peas
- 225 ml chicken stock
- 225 ml water
- 100 g Perroche goats' cheese
For the beetroot: