On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Bread
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Spices and Chillies
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus setting plus 1 hr chilling
For a gloriously indulgent treat try Paul Young's classic cheesecake recipe, simple but delicious . . .
Method1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs and Demerara sugar. Add in the melted butter and mix well.
2. Spoon the biscuit mixture into a 20cm spring-form cake tin lined with silicon paper or baking parchment. Use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
3. In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk or a wooden spoon, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla pod seeds or vanilla extract until well mixed.
4. Fold in the double cream, mixing well.
5. Spoon the cream mixture over the chilled biscuit base, making sure that there are no air bubbles. Smooth the top of the cheesecake with a palette knife or metal spoon.
6. Chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 1 hour until set.
7. To serve, remove from the cake tin and cut into slices.
- 100 g digestive biscuits, or cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 50 g butter, melted
- 500 g full-fat cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, sliced lengthways, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml double cream, lightly whipped