On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
A devastating dessert from Lotte Duncan - layers of chocolate custard, rum-soaked crunchy almond biscuits and chocolate flake cream
Tips and suggestions
- Eat with...
- Saffron Risotto
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken in pieces
- 200 g milk chocolate, broken in pieces
- 850 g tinned Ambrosia custard
- 250-300g ratafias, Nice or amaretti biscuits
- dark rum, to taste
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 bars milk chocolate, flake crushed
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Melt the plain and milk chocolate in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water.
2. Tip the custard into a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate, mixing well.
3. Place half the crushed biscuits in the bottom of a serving dish. Drizzle with rum to taste. Pour half the chocolate custard over the top. Add another layer of crushed biscuits (reserving a few as a topping), more rum and then the rest of the custard.
4. Whip the cream to the same consistency as the custard. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the crushed flake bars into the cream. Spoon over the custard.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed biscuits. Serve at once.