On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Plum Compote, Waldorf Salad and Flapjacks
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Paris
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
A devastating dessert from Lotte Duncan - layers of chocolate custard, rum-soaked crunchy almond biscuits and chocolate flake cream
Method1. Melt the plain and milk chocolate in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water.
2. Tip the custard into a mixing bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate, mixing well.
3. Place half the crushed biscuits in the bottom of a serving dish. Drizzle with rum to taste. Pour half the chocolate custard over the top. Add another layer of crushed biscuits (reserving a few as a topping), more rum and then the rest of the custard.
4. Whip the cream to the same consistency as the custard. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the crushed flake bars into the cream. Spoon over the custard.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed biscuits. Serve at once.
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken in pieces
- 200 g milk chocolate, broken in pieces
- 850 g tinned Ambrosia custard
- 250-300g ratafias, Nice or amaretti biscuits
- dark rum, to taste
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 bars milk chocolate, flake crushed