On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas - Jamie's Best Ever Christmas, 2
- 21:00 - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner - Stuffed: The Great British Christmas Dinner
- 22:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus overnight soaking and cooling
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 30 min
- Makes 1 medium loaf
For a delicious tea-time treat try Margaret Browne's simple recipe for a traditional, fruit-filled Irish tea bread
Method1. Place the cold tea and whiskey in a bowl. Add in the sultanas, currants, glace cherries and mixed peel. Cover and set aside to soak overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, self-raising flour, beaten egg, nutmeg and soaked fruit, with its soaking liquid until well-mixed.
4. Transfer the mixture to a well-oiled loaf tin.
5. Bake for 1 hour, 30 minutes until risen and set.
6. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in its tin, then turn out and cool on a wire rack. Glaze with honey if required.
7. Serve in slices with butter and store in an airtight tin.