On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas
- 22:00 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
A simple but scrumptious dessert from Tonia Buxton - luscious fresh dates and figs baked with honey and Middle Eastern spices
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Grease a shallow baking dish.
2. Slice the figs in half from top to bottom. Prick the skin with a fork.
3. Slice the dates in half lengthways and remove the stones.
4. Arrange the dates and figs alternately in the dish.
5. Sprinkle over the spices and lemon juice. Drizzle with the honey.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until the honey starts to bubble.
7. Serve hot with crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream.