On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
First class fish and a little foie gras make a stunning dinner party dish in this luxurious recipe from Richard Phillips
Method1. Place the sliced onions into a pan, add the red wine and vinegar and cook until the onions are softened but not coloured.
2. Transfer to a blender and whiz to a puree, then set aside and keep warm.
3. To make the vinaigrette, pour the vinegar and wine into a saucepan, together with the star anise and bubble slowly until the mixture has reduced by about two-thirds and has formed a thick glaze. Leave the mixture to cool, then remove the star anise and add the olive oil. This will create a marble effect.
4. For the fish, simply pour the olive oil in to a frying pan and place over a medium heat. Lightly dust the fish fillets with seasoned flour and place them into the pan, skin side down.
5. Cook for 1½ minutes, then turn the fillets over and add the langoustine tails. Add the butter and continue to cook for a further minute. Squeeze the lemon over the top.
6. Season the foie gras and fry in a separate frying pan for 25 seconds on each side.
7. To serve, put a little cooked cabbage in the centre of the plate. Top with a fillet of red mullet, followed by a little onion compote and some fennel. Place another fillet on top and then the foie gras.
8. Place the langoustines around the plate, drizzle with warm vinaigrette and garnish with pickled chervil. Serve immediately.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 450g red mullet, scaled, filleted and pin boned
- 100 g plain flour, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper, for dusting
- 6 langoustine tails, blanched for 1 minute and peeled
- 30 g butter
- 1 slice of duck foie gras
- ½ a lemons
For the compote:
For the vinaigrette: