Beetroot and artichoke salad
From: Good Food Live
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Horseradish adds kick and character to the dressing for this deliciously different salad from Steve Saunders
- 3 whole raw beetroot
- 3baby globe artichokes, marinated in olive oil
- black pepper
- juice of 2 limes
- mixed salad leaves, including rocket leaves
- 4 tbsp basil-infused olive oil
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp fresh horseradish, finely grated (or substitute 2 tbsp creamed horseradish)
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the beetroot (without peeling) into a large pan of boiling water and cook until tender. This will probably take about 20 minutes, depending on the size of the beetroot. Rinse immediately under cold running water, peel and cut them into quarters.
2. Drain the baby artichokes and cut them into halves. Mix the beetroot and artichokes together, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and squeeze the lime juice over.
3. Dress the leaves with 2 tablespoons of the basil oil and season to taste.
4. Mix the crème fraiche carefully with the horseradish and chives and season to taste.
5. Toss the beetroot, artichokes and salad leaves together in a large bowl. Divide the salad between 4 salad plates. Top each salad with a spoonful of the horseradish crème fraiche, drizzle with the remaining basil oil and a little balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately.