On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- 22:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus 1 hr rising
- Cook time:
- 20 min
For a stylish, light Italian meal try Lesley Waters' recipe for freshly baked flatbreads, topped with salami and rocket
Method1. Sift the flour into a large bowl then stir in the yeast. Make a well in the centre of the flour and stir in the warm water and olive oil to make a soft, wet dough.
2. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a large, lightly oiled bowl. Cover with cling film and leave to prove in a warm place for about 1 hour, until doubled in size.
4. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.
5. When the dough has risen, knead again to 'knock it back' and gradually incorporate the olives and garlic.
6. Divide the dough in two, and roll each piece on a floured surface to a rough flat naan shape. Place on a lightly floured baking sheet.
7. Arrange the tomato slices on top of the breads and sprinkle over the sugar, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and finish with a generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
8. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the flat breads are crisp and the tomatoes have begun to caramelise.
9. To serve, place each freshly baked flatbread on a large plate or wooden board and top with the rocket. Roughly tear the salami and layer over, then add the Parmesan shaving and capers.
10. Finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and freshly ground pepper and serve at once.
- 225 g strong bread flour
- 3½g fast action dried yeast
- 125 ml warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 85 g black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling