On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Luxury Lunches
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
For a speedy yet sophisticated meal try David Massey's pan-fried veal escalopes with a herb-laden white wine sauce
Method1. Defrost the broad beans, remove their outer skins and set aside.
2. Season the veal escalopes with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil until sizzling hot in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
4. Dip the veal escalopes in the flour, coating well, then shaking off any excess flour.
5. Pan-fry the escalopes for no longer than 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a warmed serving plate and keep warm.
6. Add the white wine to the frying pan, stirring well to deglaze the pan, and cook briskly until reduced slightly.
7. Add in the broad beans and cook for 30 seconds. Add in the butter and whisk in. Finally add the mint, parsley and a squeeze of lemon. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Serve the veal escalopes with the white wine sauce at once.