On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Blueberry Coronation Chicken and Two Course Pasty
- 22:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Pizza, Blackberry Beer and Chicken Pie
- Prep time:
- 6 min
- Cook time:
- 8 min
For the best kind of melting moment, try Valentina Harris's hot and golden, crispy cooked sandwiches oozing with molten mozzarella
Method1. Spread the bread with the anchovy paste or sun-dried tomato paste and the sliced mozzarella. Press the sandwiches down firmly with the heel of your hand.
2. Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Lay the sandwiches in the egg so that they are coated. Leave to soak until required.
4. Place the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the sandwiches for 3 or 4 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden. Serve immediately.