On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes, 4
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Tarts
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 35 min, plus 2 hrs chilling
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Curtis Stone's recipe for slightly tipsy, ever-so-tempting Tiramisu is a terrific take on the traditional and well-loved Italian dessert
Method1. Mix the coffee and the coffee liqueur. Place the sponge fingers in a single layer in a shallow dish. Pour over the coffee mixture, turning the fingers a few times to coat, then leave to soak.
2. Put the sugar and water into a small heavy-based saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, and then simmer until softball stage is reached - 115°C on a sugar thermometer, or until you can knead a soft ball between your finger and thumb (dip ½ teaspoon of syrup into iced water before kneading).
3. Using an electric whisk, beat the egg yolks for 3-5 minutes until very pale and smooth. Gradually add the sugar syrup, and then continue beating until cold.
4. Mix the cream and mascarpone, then add to the egg and sugar mixture whisking thoroughly.
5. Divide half of the mixture evenly between four individual dessert dishes. Add a layer of sponge fingers to each dish and layer with some more of the mascarpone mixture. Put in the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
6. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.