On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - Suffolk and Naples
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Odyssey - India and Cornwall
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Fish
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 5 min
Mike Robinson's slowly simmered soup makes a satisfying and tasty treat from the simplest of ingredients
Method1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the onions, garlic, thyme and peas. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add the ham bone and stock.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Remove the ham bone; transfer the mixture to a blender and whiz until smooth. Serve immediately.