On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Plum Compote, Waldorf Salad and Flapjacks
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Slow Food
- 22:00 - Donut Showdown - Paris
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Enjoy a North American treat with Amy Wilcock's simple recipe for home-made tray bakes, delicious with tea or coffee
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Place the flour, sugar, butter, baking powder and vanilla extract in a food processor. Break in the eggs.
3. Blend until well-combined.
4. Pour the batter into a greased, lined cake tin and smooth the top with a palette knife.
5. Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through. To test that the cake is done press it lightly in the middle. If it pulls away from the sides of the tin it is done.
6. Remove and cool on a wire rack.