On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Peking Duck
- 20:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Fish Pie
- 21:00 - Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Nation - State of the Nation
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus overnight chilling
- Cook time:
- 5 min
A quintessential summer dessert from Tamasin Day-Lewis - luscious soft fruits spiked with raspberry liqueur in juice-soaked bread
Method1. Put the raspberries, redcurrants and sugar in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Heat gently and briefly - no more than 3-4 minutes - until the fruit begins to bleed and the sugar is dissolved. The fruit must not lose its shape or start to cook.
2. Line a 1-litre pudding basin with slices of day-old good white bread. Make sure there are no gaps.
3. Using a perforated spoon, pile in the fruit, reserving some of the juice left in the saucepan. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of raspberry liqueur over the pudding then add a top layer of bread.
4. Cover with a plate that just fits, weigh it down, and put the basin in the fridge overnight.
5. Just before serving turn out the pudding onto a plate with a decent-sized rim.
6. Add a drop more raspberry liqueur to the reserved juice, then pour it over the pudding.