On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - New York
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 3
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 12
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus soaking
From Tamasin Day-Lewis, an appetising spicy salad of cracked wheat, parsley and nuts with a sweet-sour dressing
Method1. Put the bulgur wheat in a large bowl and cover with plenty of cold, slightly salted water. Leave to soak for 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain in a sieve pressing out the excess water with the back of a wooden spoon.
2. Whisk the olive oil with the pomegranate molasses in a large serving bowl. Add the lemon juice, tomato purée, cumin, coriander, allspice and cayenne, and whisk thoroughly to amalgamate.
3. Tip the cracked wheat into the bowl and mix very well. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Add the nuts and parsley and mix well.
- 350 g bulgur wheat
- 6-8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- juice of 1 lemons
- 5 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 150 g walnuts, very coarsely chopped
- 100 g hazelnuts, very coarsely chopped
- 50 g pine kernels, lightly toasted
- large bunch flat leaf parsley, trimmed and finely chopped