From: Good Food Live
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 40 min, including cooling the drinks
- Cook time:
- 10 min
With a gentle zing of lemongrass, Mini C's refreshing recipe makes a delicious drink that's perfect at any time of day
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place the sugar and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Bubble for one minute, and then remove from the heat and leave to cool. This is the sugar syrup used to sweeten the drinks.
2. Dry cook one of the lemongrass stalks by simply chopping it finely and tossing it into a wok over a high heat without any fat or oil. Remove when the lemongrass begins to turn colour and smell sweet.
3. Pound the remaining lemongrass with a rolling pin or similar to help release the flavour and then add it to a pan containing slightly more boiling water than the glasses you are intending to use.
4. Add the 'dry roasted' lemongrass and boil everything together for 5-7 minutes until the water takes on a golden colour. Remove from heat and allow the liquid to cool, and then strain into a jug.
5. To serve, pour the mixture into a glass of ice, sweeten to taste with the sugar syrup and add a stem of lemongrass as a stirrer.