On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Aberdeenshire
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Staffordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Argyll and Bute
- Prep time:
- 40 min, including cooling the drinks
- Cook time:
- 10 min
With a gentle zing of lemongrass, Mini C's refreshing recipe makes a delicious drink that's perfect at any time of day
Method1. Place the sugar and water into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved. Bubble for one minute, and then remove from the heat and leave to cool. This is the sugar syrup used to sweeten the drinks.
2. Dry cook one of the lemongrass stalks by simply chopping it finely and tossing it into a wok over a high heat without any fat or oil. Remove when the lemongrass begins to turn colour and smell sweet.
3. Pound the remaining lemongrass with a rolling pin or similar to help release the flavour and then add it to a pan containing slightly more boiling water than the glasses you are intending to use.
4. Add the 'dry roasted' lemongrass and boil everything together for 5-7 minutes until the water takes on a golden colour. Remove from heat and allow the liquid to cool, and then strain into a jug.
5. To serve, pour the mixture into a glass of ice, sweeten to taste with the sugar syrup and add a stem of lemongrass as a stirrer.