On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Fruit
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Breakfast
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus at least 1 hr marinating
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 40 min
For a finger-lickingly delicious meal try Amy Willcock's recipe for marinated pork ribs, flavoured with ginger and garlic
Method1. First make the marinade. Mix together the ginger, garlic, honey, Hoisin sauce, 5-spice powder, soy sauce, brown sugar and rice wine in a large bowl.
2. Add the spare ribs, coating thoroughly, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
4. Drain the ribs, reserving the marinade. Place the ribs in a large roasting tray.
5. Roast the ribs in the top part of the oven for 40 minutes, basting now and then.
6. Once the ribs have roasted for 40 minutes, pour the reserved marinade into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and pour the marinade over the ribs.
7. Reduce the heat to 170°C/gas 3 and roast for 1 and a half to 2 hours, basting now and then, until the meat is tender.
8. Serve the spareribs warm from the oven with finger bowls of water and lots of napkins.