On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie at Home Christmas Special - Jamie At Home Christmas Special
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 2
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
A tasty goats' cheese filling gives a Mediterranean touch to bacon-wrapped chicken in Gioconda Scott's simple recipe
Method1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. In a bowl, mix together the diced tomato and goats' cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix in the olive oil and around a teaspoon of the chopped oregano leaves.
3. Cut a slash lengthways in each of the chicken breast fillets to form a cavity in each one.
4. Stuff each cavity with the goats' cheese mixture.
5. Wrap each chicken breast in 3 bacon rashers and secure each one with a piece of string.
6. Place the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts in a shallow, greased earthenware dish, Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and season with freshly ground pepper.
7. Roast the chicken for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
8. Serve at once with a tomato and avocado salad.