On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - The Heart of England
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - British Waterways
- 22:00 - River Cottage Veg - Summer Pleasures
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus overnight chilling
- Cook time:
- 20 min
Pierre Koenig's Truffled Foie Gras makes a really special start to a very special meal
Method1. Remove the nerves from the duck liver.
2. Mince the truffles and sprinkle on top of the liver. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Wrap the liver tightly in cloth and tie the ends to secure.
4. Place in a deep saucepan and cover with stock. Add the celery, cardamom and nigella seeds. Cover and poach for 15-20 minutes, taking care to keep the poaching liquid constant at 70°C.
5. Remove from the pan and refrigerate overnight.