On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Classic Twists
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Feel Good Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 2
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Nutritious and delicious, Tamasin Day-Lewis's colourful mash couldn't be simpler to prepare
Method1. Put the carrots and swede in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer briskly for about 20 minutes until soft.
2. Drain in a colander set over a bowl. Reserve the water and put the vegetables in a warm serving bowl.
3. Pour a little of the water into the vegetable bowl and start to mash.
4. Once you have mashed the carrot and swede to your preferred texture, add a little freshly grated nutmeg and black pepper to taste and mix in gently.